[kdepim-users] How to disable Akonadi?

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 13:49:54 GMT 2010

How can I disable Akonadi from starting when kmail starts?  Every time
kmail starts, Akonadi displays an error message about failing self-test.
  I can save the message (see attached) but when I click on the messages
close button, it crashes kmail.

If I just move the error window to the side I can read and download
emails but if I try to compose a new email it freezes after about 30
seconds.  This erratic behavior occurred after I reloaded opensuse
11.3-M3 for the second time.  Not sure what I did different from the

Don't know if there's any connection but when I installed Thunderbird
and tried to compose a message, it also crashed but not when just reading.

I realize this is running under a milestone OS version and will try to
figure where the problem exists and report anything unusual.

In the meantime I'm stuck using T-bird under windoze7 (sigh).
--
Thanks, Tom (retired penguin)
openSuSE 11.3-M3, kde 4.4.0