[kdepim-users] Akonadi or address book problem

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Mar 25 18:27:08 GMT 2010

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2010 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Hallo
>
> since my upgrade to KDE 4.4.1 I got the following error message
> (see attached dialog) wich states: Initialization based on stored
> configuration failed.

OK, I digged a little bit into the error. At Login time my
.xsession_error gives me following akonadi ralated messages:

[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] DbInitializer::run()
[akonadiserver] checking table  "SchemaVersionTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "ResourceTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "CollectionTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "MimeTypeTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "PimItemTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "FlagTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "PartTable"
[akonadiserver] checking table  "CollectionAttributeTable"
[akonadiserver] checking relation  "PimItemFlagRelation"
[akonadiserver] checking relation  "CollectionMimeTypeRelation"
[akonadiserver] checking relation  "CollectionPimItemRelation"
[akonadiserver] DbInitializer::run() done
[akonadiserver] skipping update 2
[akonadiserver] skipping update 3
[akonadiserver] skipping update 4
[akonadiserver] skipping update 8
[akonadiserver] skipping update 10
[akonadiserver] skipping update 12
[akonadiserver] skipping update 13
[akonadiserver] skipping update 14
[akonadiserver] Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] DataStore::unhideAllPimItems()
PLUGINS:  "/usr/share/akonadi/agents"
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_birthdays_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_contacts_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_ical_resource" 1 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_imap_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kabc_resource" 14 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kcal_resource" 1 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_knut_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_kolabproxy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_localbookmarks_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_maildir_resource" 6 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_mbox_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_microblog_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_mailtransport_dummy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "MailTransport")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuk_calendar_feeder" 0 ("Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder" 0 ("Unique")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nepomuktag_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Virtual", "Unique", "NoConfig")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_nntp_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_notes_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_pop3_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_vcarddir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
PLUGINS inserting:  "akonadi_vcard_resource" 1 ("Resource")
[/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder] Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_kabc_resource] Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[/usr/bin/akonadi_kabc_resource] akonadi_kabc_resource_13(2913)/kresources Kolab::KMailConnection::checkReply: D-Bus communication with KMail failed. Reply
error is:  QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.") Last interface error was:
QDBusError("", "")
[/usr/bin/akonadi_kabc_resource] akonadi_kabc_resource_13(2913): Opening resource "BEPtnGEOlB" failed
[/usr/bin/akonadi_kabc_resource] akonadi_kabc_resource_13(2913): openConfiguration() failed
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
[akonadiserver] void Nepomuk::Search::QueryServiceClient::close()

So the akonadi_kabc_resource has to connect to KMail (as my address
book is mail based). For whatever reason KMail does not answer
within time. Since KDE 4.4 my Kontact start takes very long at
login time. Restarting it is as fast as ever.

above the kabc error message I get the following messages:

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/kio_imap4.so
<unknown program name>(2944)/ kdemain: IMAP4::kdemain
<unknown program name>(2612)/: Communication problem with  "kontact" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

<unknown program name>(2634)/: Communication problem with  "korgac" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

"D-Bus communication error 'org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply': 'Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
[...]
korgac(2644)/kresources Kolab::KMailConnection::checkReply: D-Bus communication with KMail failed. Reply error is:
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.") Last interface error was:  QDBusError("", "")

How can I track this problem down? Hints?

Martin