[kdepim-users] another nepomuk question

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 14:32:50 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 00:46:52 E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> OK all, I figured it out. I guess I was right with this issue being Turkish
> language related. I changed two things then it worked.
>
> 1. I changed my locale to en_US by using Mandriva's control center tool
> (cheated here).
>
> 2. I created a symbolic link as follows:
> ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so
> /usr/lib/libjvm.so
>
> If you omit either of these two steps, strigi will not launch.
>
> I bet this is the mean old Java bug that is specific to the Turkish
> characters "İ" and "ı" (Uppercase i with an accent, and lowercase i
> without an accent). Since the servers (virtuoso, nepomuk, strigi or all of
> them) rely on java, I am officially excommunicated from my native locale.

It might just be needed one time to migrate your data from soprano's sesame2
backend to the non-java based virtuoso backend.

Neither virtuoso or nepomuk directly depend on java.  The point of moving from
sesame2 to virtuoso was to get a performant backend that didn't depend on Java
blobs.

You could also check that nepomukserverrc is actually using "virtuosobackend"
and try uninstalling the sesame2 soprano backend.

Will