[kdepim-users] kmail + akonadi + nepomuk = checkmail takes forever :/

Darknight darknight7 at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 4 08:39:49 GMT 2010

2010-03-03 21:45:00 Ingo Klöcker
> You might want to disable the Strigi Desktop File Indexer. It is not
> needed for KMail (or any of the other KDE PIM apps). I think the file
> indexer is mostly responsible for the size of Nepomuk's database.

I double checked but it was already disabled as I don't use it. However
disabling "nepomuk semantic desktop" in the same dialog, killing processes and
restarting kmail apparently did the trick.
I had not tried because I thought it would prevent akonadi from starting but
obviously this was not the case. I feel a bit confused about what is really
needed to run kmail now and what will be in the future. I don't think I want
nepomuk around if I get the kind of hit I experienced but I've read at least a
blog entry that says nepomuk will be one of the premiums of the new kmail. (?)

Thanks for your suggestions