[kdepim-users] KOrganizer: each appointment in a separate file?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 8 19:27:55 GMT 2010

On Monday 08 March 2010, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use KDE 4.3.5 and use Kontact/KOrganizer. Does KOrganizer allow to
> save each appointment you create in the calendar to be saved in its
> own vcf file? I ask this, because I want to use OpenSync to sync the
> calendar with my mobile phone and the file-sync plugin from OpenSync
> *may* have an issue if all events are stored in a single file.
>
> Thus I would like to add a addressbook path resource that points to a
> path where all files would be saved. But, does KOrganizer allow to
> save appointments in seperate  vcf files?

You are somehow mixing vCards (i.e. vcf files holding address book
entries) and iCalendar (i.e. ics files holding calendar entries). In any
case, the answer is yes. You can have each appointment in a separate ics
file (and you can have each contact in a separate vcf file). Simply
create a (new) calendar of type "Calendar in Local Directory".