[kdepim-users] misc. questions kmail/kaddressbook

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 2 14:28:46 GMT 2010

Hi all,

After using kontact and "components" for some time now, I've got a couple of
questions:

(1) kmail: the quick search bar seems to be pretty basic (e.g. compared to T-
Bird), i.e. if I'm searching for an email thread where I know a user is from
company xyz it seems I cannot match partial email addresses, is that right or
am I missing some configuration somewhere (disconnected IMAP folders)

(2) when searching: Is it possible to make the default, don't dive into
subfolders?

(3) in kaddressbook: when I add names, they are not automatically changed to
my preferred layout of Lastname, Firstname. Is there a way to get around the
"open in addressbook, open name, change order, click ok"?

I think I had more questions when I began this email, but maybe they will come
back soon ;)

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers

Carsten