[kdepim-users] another nepomuk question

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 23:46:52 GMT 2010

OK all, I figured it out. I guess I was right with this issue being Turkish
language related. I changed two things then it worked.

1. I changed my locale to en_US by using Mandriva's control center tool
(cheated here).

2. I created a symbolic link as follows:
ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so
/usr/lib/libjvm.so

If you omit either of these two steps, strigi will not launch.

I bet this is the mean old Java bug that is specific to the Turkish characters
"İ" and "ı" (Uppercase i with an accent, and lowercase i without an accent).
Since the servers (virtuoso, nepomuk, strigi or all of them) rely on java, I
am officially excommunicated from my native locale.

One thing still doesn't work is the little pictures of my contacts showing on
the e-mail preview section though. I wonder if they will start showing for the
newer e-mails or after nepomuk/strigi finish their indexing?

Hakan