[kdepim-users] KMail and IMAP

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sat Mar 20 22:45:19 GMT 2010

Hi there,

I use KMail from KDE 4.3.5 and just switched to IMAP with my mail provider.

I created now an IMAP account and I can subscribe to a folder locally or
server based. When I subscribe to a folder server based, this means I read all
mails on the server and no mail gets downloaded, right? And if subscribed
locally, the mails gets downloaded, right?

If I read huge mailing lists, does it make more sense to create a local
folder, because otherwise the whole list does have to be downloaded every time
from the IMAP server I start KMail and read the list? Does this make sense?

Regards
Malte