[kdepim-users] out of disk space behaviour

Mihai Donțu mihai.dontu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:26:17 BST 2010

Hi,

Ever since KDE 4.x with KMail rolled out, I'm constantly being bit by the same
bug: when I run out of disk space, KMail looses parts of it's configuration or
all. The thing is I usually have 1GB of disk space free, but depending on what
I do, it can happen that some little tests that I run on my laptop eat the
entire disk space for a couple of seconds (1-2 minutes at times). The first
application to feel this is KMail which sometimes exists nicely, other times
it crashes leaving me with no configuration at all (sometimes the mail indexes
are corrupted too). Suspiciously, it got worse ever since I started using XFS
(which has a ridiculous behavior in out of disk space situations). Anyway,
given that I never had this problem with KMail from KDE 3.5, it this a
regression or there is something else wrong here?

Thanks,

--
Mihai Donțu