[kdepim-users] KMail locks up

Alexander Harrowell alexander.harrowell at stlpartners.com
Thu Jun 17 14:40:13 BST 2010

On Thursday 17 June 2010 11:35:52 John Aldrich wrote:
> Ok. I just updated to KDEPIM 4.4.4 x86-64 this morning. We'll see if it
> made any difference. One thing I want to make note of is that POP3 and IMAP
> continue running even after I've closed KMail. Is this normal?

On Kontact, KDE4.3.5, I have two e-mail accounts - one POP3, one IMAP4. About
two out of three occasions, the IMAP4 element locks up if the laptop has been
placed in suspend-to-RAM or suspend-to-disk, or if the Internet connection
goes down. I have to restart Kontact to get the IMAP4 link working, although
the POP3 side remains functional.

This may be considered normal behaviour, as the IMAP connection is indeed
broken by going to suspend, but perhaps Kontact/KMail should try to reconnect
once KDE tells it the Internet link is up.