[kdepim-users] KMail locks up

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 23:32:22 BST 2010

On Mon June 14 2010, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Sun June 13 2010, John Aldrich wrote:
> > Yeah... I've probably got a more unusual setup than most -- I have
> > both IMAP and multiple POP3 connections that get checked
> > automatically at intervals.
>
> I just got to thinking, it only seems to lock up when I'm home, *after*
> I've been using VNC. I'll try to ensure I've got Akonadi shut down, and
> all that and see if maybe that's the problem. I suspect that Akonadi
> isn't shutting down completely and that may be the issue.

Ok. I just got home and in a console window I ran "akonadictl stop" and
came up with no response (proper when shutting it down.) To be on the safe
side, I ran the command again and got an error (proper when Akonadi is not
running.) This, to me, means, that Aknodi is *not* shutting down when I
shut down KMail, which I do NOT think is proper behavior.