[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 12 22:10:04 BST 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 23:54:25 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:

> > > Unfortunately, it did not work. I guess it has to do with the
> > > resolution.
> >
> > I have a similar resolution (1920x1200 with 100 dpi). If the font
> > size in the HTML messages is specified in absolute (resolution
> > dependent) pixel size instead of in (resolution independent) point
> > size then fonts will look smaller on displays with a higher
> > resolution (i.e. with a higher dpi value). I had a brief look at
> > the source code of two newsletters and indeed in both newsletter
> > the font sizes where specified in px.
>
> Thanks for your effort and the information. But quite frankly, I
> don't really know what to make of it. Do I understand you right,
> that the way these HTML- messages are "written" with the font sizes
> specified in px, they will be displayed with small font sizes
> according to our resolutions?

Yes, you understood correctly.

> And there is not much one can do about
> it (if one does not like it that way)?

Not much, I guess, except for specifying the minimal font size that
KMail shall use (which does not seem to be controllable via Konqueror
:-( ). The problem is that if the HTML message says that the text shall
be displayed with a font size of 10 pixels then on my screen this text
will be about 1/10 th of an inch high, i.e. about 2.5 mm. On displays
with even higher resolution the text will be even smaller.

> As zooming-in is quite easy
> in Kmail that is not much of an issue, I was just wondering if I
> could change the font size per default.

You can change the default font size. But if the HTML message explicitly
requests a certain font size then KMail will use this font size instead
of the default font size.