[kdepim-users] Moving message to folder when mail is opened

Pascal Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 11 23:32:42 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 23:54:25 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Sunday 11 July 2010, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 17:33:30 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > > Pascal, please do not include your public PGP key in all of your
> > > messages. Anybody interested in your key can easily fetch it from a
> > > keyserver. It suffices if you include the fingerprint of your key
> > > in the footer of your messages.

> > > Hmm. This should not happen unless the font in the HTML messages is
> > > explicitly set to such a small size. As KMail uses Konqueror HTML
> > > rendering engine (khtml) the following might help:
> > > - Start Konqueror
> > > - Open Konqueror's configuration dialog, select "Web
> > > Browsing/Appearance"
> > > - On the Fonts tab set minimum font size and medium font size.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it did not work. I guess it has to do with the
> > resolution.
>
> I have a similar resolution (1920x1200 with 100 dpi). If the font size
> in the HTML messages is specified in absolute (resolution dependent)
> pixel size instead of in (resolution independent) point size then fonts
> will look smaller on displays with a higher resolution (i.e. with a
> higher dpi value). I had a brief look at the source code of two
> newsletters and indeed in both newsletter the font sizes where specified
> in px.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Thanks for your effort and the information. But quite frankly, I don't really
know what to make of it. Do I understand you right, that the way these HTML-
messages are "written" with the font sizes specified in px, they will be
displayed with small font sizes according to our resolutions? And there is not
much one can do about it (if one does not like it that way)? As zooming-in is
quite easy in Kmail that is not much of an issue, I was just wondering if I
could change the font size per default.

Pascal
--

Pascal Bernhard