[kdepim-users] akonadi/google/addressbooks

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 16:01:32 BST 2010

kmail 1.13.5
kde 4.4.5
kaddressbook 4.4.5

I have succeeded in adding 3 google accounts to kaddressbook by installing
akonadi-kde-resource-googledata and adding the accounts from System
Settings/Kde Resources. (a bit annoyed that I can't provide a name for these
resources.  They are named akonadi-googledata-resource-0, akonadi-googledata-
resource-2, etc., and are difficult to distinguish that way)

They show up fine in kaddressbook, but it doesn't seem I can use them in kmail
(not using kontact).  There is no command I can find in kaddressbook to send
mail to a contact.  Kmail only allows me to select addresses from my default
addressbook.

Am I missing the commands, or is this functionality just not ready for
practical use, yet?

--
Art Alexion