[kdepim-users] Kmail Bug 245943

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jul 31 09:19:11 BST 2010

On Saturday 31 July 2010, ianseeks wrote:
> Hi
>
> DO you know how long it takes for the guys to check bugs.kde.org for
> new major bugs?

Yes. It can take forever. I'm serious. KMail is a volunteer-project and
nobody is obliged (because he is paid to do so) to check the bugs. Of
course, this does not mean that we ignore the bugs but there will always
be times when bugs are not looked at for a long time.

> I've got a weird one where kmail randomly does not download an
> email from my POP3 mail box on my ISP's servers.  It creates a dummy
> email with the following data (number of UID35 lines can differ from
> one to over 10)
>
> ==============================

> Date: Sunday 07 Feb 2106
>
> 1 UID35-1224801402
> 2
> UID36-1224801402
> 3
> UID37-1224801402

This looks like the reply to a request for the list of message UIDs. It
seems the POP server does not behave as KMail expects and thus KMail
confuses the server's reply for a message.

When did the bug first occur? After an upgrade of KDE/KMail?