[kdepim-users] [Slightly OT] testing KDE with a different distro

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:10:14 BST 2010

On 06/07/2010 13:35, Art Alexion wrote:
> Kmail is probably the KDE program I use the most (other than konsole and
> the panel). I am experiencing many of the problems others have asked
> about on this list.
>
> I am starting to believe Kubuntu's implementation of KDE is largely to
> blame. I am not seeing nearly the problems from openSuSE or Mandravia
> users on this list.
>
> I have freed sufficient space on my sda to host another distro. I would
> like to hear from those of you who do not feel that you are experiencing
> excessive problems to post which distro you are using.
>
> Also, any thoughts you have with regard to the two sharing a home partition.

I am also considering this. I feel that upgrading to 10.04 Lucid has
been more problematic than beneficiail. I had not done so if it was not
for a systemcrash and all I had available to install was a 10.04 medium.
Also that one 3G usb modem supplied by my office does not work in 9.10
karmic.

Have my doubts on sharing home folder though. Let us know how it goes.

Sinclair