[kdepim-users] Folder identities

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Jan 10 13:45:42 GMT 2010

On Sunday 03 January 2010 16:13:41 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > What kinds of problems should I be looking for in the file?
>
> You could check whether the identity you set for a folder is stored in
> kmailrc or not. To do this make a copy of kmailrc, start KMail, change
> the identity of a folder, quit KMail, make another copy of kmailrc,
> compare the two copies (e.g. with Kompare).

I have looked at the kmailrc.  It appears the
	UseDefaultIdentity=false
is correct for an example folder.  The
	WhoField=
is blank.  I don't know if this relates to identities.  The
	Id=1971423178
	Identity=697116655
settings have numbers.  I can't figure out where these numbers come from.

The file is not read only, though kmail doesn't seem to be writing to it as
changes in kmail are not reflected in changes to kmailrc.  I would like to
help find out why this isn't happening, but for now, I would just like to fix
it manually.  How do I determine the correct identity number so that I can
type it in manually with an editor?

--
Art Alexion