[kdepim-users] people's names in Contacts

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Jan 3 12:25:51 GMT 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010 22:39:47 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> At least, in China in emails sent to English recipients it appears to be
> common to write the name in Latin characters followed by the name in
> the Chinese script in parenthesis. But I don't know a good way to
> achieve this with Kontact's address book.

I don't think that would be difficult at all - but the instructions depend on
which version you are using, due to a recent change.  The newest, (currently
4.4 Pre) offers you Display: - which is where you'd put this in.  In earlier
releases you get the same thing by using the Edit Name button, and selectin
Custom for the Formatted name.  If you put the combined English and
Japanese/Chinese name in there, that's what you'll see in your address lists,
and that will be used in messages.

It should solve your problem

Anne
--