[kdepim-users] Import a new root CA into KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jan 25 21:40:01 GMT 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010, Michael Edenfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've switched over to using KMail for my work email, using LDAP for
> storage/retrieval and SMTP for sending.  The only way to access
> either remotely is over TLS, but the server certificates are signed
> using an internal CA.
>
> How can I import the CA certificate so that KMail stops warning me
> about invalid certificates?  Although I've managed to get the
> certifcate imported into Kleopatra, it shows up under "Other
> Certificates", not "Trusted Root Certificates", and KMail continues
> to warn me about the server certificates signed by the CA.

Funny coincidence that within one hour two people ask basically the same
question. :-)

As I replied to the other guy:
Kleopatra (and it's backend gpg/gpgsm) store certificates used for
encrypted/signed mail exchange.

Server certificates are stored in KDE's central certificate storage. I
have no idea where KDE's certificate manager has gone in KDE 4. I
suggest you try to import the certificate with Konqueror.