[kdepim-users] slow "standard mailing list" aggregation

Bjorn Helgaas bjorn.helgaas at hp.com
Wed Jan 6 21:05:41 GMT 2010

My inbox has about 28,000 messages in it, and when I enter that folder, kmail
1.12.2 takes about 25 seconds to process, thread, and group all those
messages.  For this same folder (it's on an IMAP server), kmail 1.9.10 takes
about 3 seconds.

kmail 1.12.2 is only slow if I use "standard mailing list" aggregation, which
seems to look the same as the way I have kmail 1.9.10 configured.

I really like the standard mailing list aggregation.  Is there some caching or
tweaking I can do to make the performance acceptable?

Bjorn