[kdepim-users] Xfce vs KDE - will return to KDE! :)

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Jan 11 15:02:11 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

As I've mentioned previously, I moved one of my machine's DE to Xfce
4.6 instead of KDE 4.3

For the most part it works and it works well.  However, there's
something to be said about having the DE integrated with the
underlying applications.

There are some `warts' on Xfce which haven't made me migrate my
desktop.

Given we're in January and KDE 4.4 is slated for Feb, I think I'm
going to re-image my laptop from Xfce to KDE 4.4

I don't regret trying out Xfce.  Now I know it and I've learned that I
may wish to use `devilspie' to handle `stickyness'  Something KDE 3.x
tended to not handle too well.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)