[kdepim-users] spell check dictionaries

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Jan 10 16:24:25 GMT 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010 10:22:48 James Kerr wrote:
> Sounds as though you may need to change your system locale from en_GB
> to en_US. How you do that depends on your distro. You can change the
> user's locale for KDE applications in systemsettings - Region &
> Language - Country/Region & Language.

After all of the helpful suggestions, here is what I found.

1. US English was set for KDE in System Settings, but just English was set in
kmail.
2. Plain English is English-GB
3. Changes made in System Settings don't work with already running apps.
4. Changes made via the kmail composer only stick for that particular message.

> US English is the KDE default and so you should not have to install
> any additional packages.

Seems correct, but the plain English setting is not US English.  Kmail seems
to like the plain English setting.

--
Art Alexion