[kdepim-users] KMail plain text rendering issue

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Jan 19 19:45:12 GMT 2010

Hello. For the last couple months (since i a Debian upgrade switched KDE
from version 3 to 4) KMail has had an annoying display "feature" where
slashes in plain text e-mail cause the text to be displayed italicized,
asterisks cause it to be bold, and underscores cause underlining. I'd
greatly prefer if plain text could be rendered as plain text and not
mangled or interpreted in any way. I haven't been able to find a way to
work around this bug. Is there a hidden setting to turn off plain text
mangling?

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Failing a solution, i'll probably just
migrate to Thunderbird as it can be configured (via an edit to
userContent.css) to display plain text as plain text.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu