[kdepim-users] Online sync of Kontact?

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Feb 7 18:26:01 GMT 2010

On Sunday 07 February 2010 12:42:25 r bartlett wrote:
> I have run my own server for years with my own domain and any syncing would
>  be done via that route.  As mentioned before, it's not really the email
>  that I'm worried about but the calendaring and addressbook and "to do"
>  list and journal and so on.

If you already host your own mail, then this should be easier for you than I
had assumed.  The answer is probably in the documentation for your IMAP
server.

> Thanks for the input.  I'll look into DIMAP as Werner suggested and see if
>  I can do something that way.

As far as I know, the benefit if DiMAP is just to cache a local copy of the
IMAP server for offline use.  I don't think it addresses the calendaring,
addressbook, etc.  I don't know if you will need to run a full fledged LDAP
server for those things or not.

--
Art Alexion