[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Ronny Standtke Ronny.Standtke at gmx.net
Mon Feb 15 19:29:35 GMT 2010

Sorry, my last mail had some screenshots attached and ended up in the
moderators queue. So, here again without screenshots...

> I spoke to the developers to find out the situation.  This isn't a bug, in
> terms of something working wrongly.  It's a feature that is still under
> development.  They won't be called distribution lists - that's what Groups
> is for. You can create new groups now - that part is done - but at the
> moment there is no migration tool to move your old ones into groups.

OK, here is what I tried:
File -> New -> New Group... (was disabled, no hint given why, does anybody
know the reason?)

Then I pressed very long on the "New Contact" button so that another menu
opens where you can select the menu entry "New Contact Group".
In the "New Contact Group" dialog I wanted to drag&drop the relevant contacts,
but to my surprise it doesn't seem to work anymore. I had to type in the
contacts. After pressing "OK", the dialog "Select Address Book" opened and
presented ... an empty list.

What did I do wrong? How is creating a new contact group supposed to work now?

Ronny