[kdepim-users] Akonadi and synchronized computer

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Feb 7 08:39:52 GMT 2010

Am Saturday 06 February 2010 22:39:21 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> This should still work for the address book, i.e. for the files in
> share/apps/kabc. Akonadi watches the address book file for changes and
> will pick them up when you sync the address book file.

I can confirm that - I'm using a quite similar approach:
I have std.vcf in my dropbox folder, with ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
beeing a symlink to that.
the dropbox daemon monitors all changes to std.vcf on any of my registered
computers, when they are online and sync's the changes automatically to all
machines, as soon as they come online.
works like a charm here, also with KDE 4.4 (RC2)/akonadi.

werner
p.s.:
dropbox: http://www.dropbox.com