[kdepim-users] Akonadi and synchronized computer

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Feb 6 21:39:21 GMT 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010, Manoel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I read on the on the dot and planet.kde that akonadi is becoming
> reality for the end users with KDE SC 4.4 and/or 4.5.

In KDE SC 4.4 the address book will use Akonadi. With KDE SC 4.5 KMail
and KOrganizer will follow.

> I would like
> to know if my current way of synchronizing my computers files
> (work/home/travel) using unison is still a viable solution.
>
> The files related to pim applications that I synchronized are:
> /home/me/Mail (directory containing all my non imap email)
> /home/me/kde/share/apps/akregator
> /home/me/kde/share/apps/kabc
> /home/me/kde/share/apps/kopete
> /home/me/kde/share/apps/korganizer
>
> Could you tell me if my process will have to change once akonadi  is
> in place? If I do, would you have idea on how to proceed ?

This should still work for the address book, i.e. for the files in
share/apps/kabc. Akonadi watches the address book file for changes and
will pick them up when you sync the address book file.

For the other files nothing will change for now. W.r.t. KOrganizer I'm
pretty sure that your approach will still work when KOrganizer uses
Akonadi. For the others you should ask again in a few months.