[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Sat Feb 13 21:49:23 GMT 2010

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 04:32:29 Ronny Standtke wrote:
<snip>
 I can hardly express how bad this feels. Every release of KDE 4 I hope
> that it finally gets somewhat usable and everytime it is such a horrible
> mess. Instead of reading my mails I am now fighting with obscure SQL
> databases. WTF!?
</snip>

Ronny,
	Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you as I am still hanging onto to my
Kubuntu 8.04 installation using KDE 3.5. I tried every release (in a virtual
environment) and just shake my head in disbelief. How am I supposed to
convince friends and colleagues that Linux is the way forward??
	I do feel for you though. The KDE developers have taken what I considered to
be a useable and functional platform and turned it into an unstable,
unfamiliar environment.
	We were all berating Microsoft when they released Vista; at least their
applications didn't have to be rewritten.
	I am investigating other PIM applications and once I break away from kontact,
KDE will be no more on my machines.
	Vale KDE 3.5.

Ian