[kdepim-users] Calendar - import or resource?

DIL23 hex at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 21:03:56 GMT 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 20:12:34 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 February 2010, DIL23 wrote:
> > I have a standard *.vcs calendar file from my mobile phone but if I
> > try to add it as a resource - 'Calendar in local file' and point to
> > it, nothing appears, even after checking/unchecking the relevant
> > entry in the calendar box.
> >
> > I presume if I import the file I'll just end up with lots of
> > duplicates in the default KOrganizer resource - wasn't brave enough
> > to try! ;-) or do you get an option to add it as a new resource?
>
> To be safe do the following:
> - Create a new 'Calendar in local file'.
> - Make it the default calendar.
> - Optionally, disable your old calendar.
> - Import the mobile phone calendar.
> - Re-enable your old calendar and make it the default again.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Hi Ingo
Just tried that and it made no difference (and you get the choice to add as
new calendar!) - I still see nothing at all!

I surmised there may be something wrong with the .vcs file? the original has
this structure:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090109T000000
DTEND:20090109T120000
SUMMARY;CHARSET=UTF-8:Charlie's birthday
RRULE:YM1 1 #0
AALARM:20090106T000000
CATEGORIES:BIRTHDAY
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

etc.

but after importing to Korganiser Calendar it is altered to this!

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 3.5//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20100204T205227Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Unknown Name:MAILTO:unknown at nowhere
CREATED:20100204T205114Z
UID:libkcal-1941094214.739
LAST-MODIFIED:20100204T205114Z
SUMMARY:Charlie's birthday
CATEGORIES:BIRTHDAY
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=1
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20090109
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20090110
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT

it would seem to have changed the version?

..any other ideas?