[kdepim-users] Kontact Tip of the Day causing problems

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Feb 12 10:42:22 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 05:46:45 you wrote:
> I checked ~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc and didn't see this entry so I
> added it and started Kontact.
> It turns out that there IS something else going on. Even though I have a
> Kmail and an Akregator icon in my system tray now, they're still not
> responsive. I do not have a Tip of the Day popup window anymore though.
>
> I checked and verified that my Akonadi server is started. I'm not sure
> where to go from here though.

You mentioned that KMail and KOrganizer started when used stand-alone.  I
don't think you mentioned trying KAddressBook?  If that shows the problem it
is likely to be an Akonadi problem.  On one of my systems the migration to the
new addressbook worked without a problem.  On the other I did have some
problems.  I documented them in
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Common_Problems - you might find that working
through those will help you to identify the problem.

If KAddressBook does run without problems, I'm a bit stuck at the moment.  Let
us know how you go on.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group