[kdepim-users] Online sync of Kontact?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat Feb 6 15:37:49 GMT 2010

Am Saturday 06 February 2010 16:07:18 schrieb r bartlett:
> I am wondering if there is a way to sync Kontact when online in some
> fashion, and make calendar and addressbook entries when offline as well.
>
> I would probably run some kind of kdepim server on my home machine

not necessarily.
besides the effort to set this up, you will also need to ensure it is not
compromitted/hacked from outside.
I would recommend using the IMAP server from your ISP (yahoo, in this case - I
suppose they offer IMAP as well as POP),
create the necessary groupware folders for contacts/calendar there and
subscribe to those via DIMAP.
this way you get just what you want.

werner