[kdepim-users] KMail problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 11:48:33 GMT 2010

On Sunday 28 February 2010, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> Did you notice any indication (e.g. a small window with a progress bar)
> that Akonadi is being started? If not, please check whether Akonadi is
> running by running 'akonadictl status' in Konsole.
>
> Did KMail start on the second try?

[john at slave1 ~]$ akonadictl status
Akonadi Control: running
Akonadi Server: running
Akonadi Server Search Support: not available

KMail is running now, however, when I run the Akonadi Console, it says
Nepomuk is not operatoinal. The userbase article suggests exporting the
path, but I've only had to do that one or two times in ancient memory, so
I'm afraid that I don't recal how to do that. I tried putting it in
.bash_profile, but when I source it, it says that
/usr/lib/jvm/java/jre/lib/amd64/server/ is a directory.