[kdepim-users] akonadi default cache policy?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 10 20:15:45 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010, Heiko Falk wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> since quite some days, I'm trying to hotsync my Palm TX with KDE
> 4.3.1 under opensuse 11.2.
>
> I experienced the following situation: I use KDE's standard local
> files std.ics and std.vcf to store my contacts and appointments, as
> usual under ~/.kde4/share/apps/[kabc|korganizer]. I have configured
> akonadi such that it's aware of these two local files. In the
> akonadi console, I can browse the cached contents of these two files
> and see the actual payloads.
>
> Then, I entered a new appointment in kontact/korganizer.
> Unfortunately, this new appointment didn't make it into the akonadi
> cache. However, this appointment was already present in the local
> file std.ics. As a consequence, an immediately following hotsync
> using kpilot didn't transfer that event to my Palm device. Only
> after manually restarting akonadi, I saw in the console that akonadi
> imported the new appointment.
>
> Do you have some idea about how to achieve that modifications of the
> local files std.vcf and std.ics are immediately imported into the
> akonadi cache? I saw that in akonadiconsole, you have the option to
> configure cache policies per akonadi collection. However, I didn't
> find any documentation about these switches.

There is no such setting. Akonadi (resp. the corresponding Akonadi
resources) watch those files for modification and update the cache
whenever the content of those files has changed. Check whether file
monitoring is enabled for the corresponding resources. (It's possible
that this setting is new in KDE SC 4.4.)