[kdepim-users] Online sync of Kontact?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Feb 8 16:42:17 GMT 2010

Am Monday 08 February 2010 03:50:11 schrieb r bartlett:
> Would there by any chance be a step by step walkthrough for doing this
> somewhere?  :-)
> If not, I will try to figure it out and create a very beginner friendly
> one.

good. feel free to create such a tutorila, preferably at
http://userbase.kde.org
in fact, I already did consider to do so, as this topic does come up from time
to time...
let's see who is faster :)

> I'm one of those people that's just happy to have my email get
> successfully found and read, so the Dimap concept is new.
>
> Again, thanks to all for the suggestions and help.  And I do understand
> that Yahoo (or Gmail or other) would be easier.  Didn't mean to discount
> that as an option...and who knows, if I can't figure this out then that
> may be the best way afterall!

if you do not already have a local IMAP server (such as courier, dovecot...)
running, that would be a good start to explore the IMAP-groupware features of
kontact.

werner