[kdepim-users] Online sync of Kontact?

Fabian maystar at web.de
Wed Feb 17 18:50:06 GMT 2010

Hello,

as I mentioned in a different mail, I've got the same problem.

>> Yes I can creat folders. But i can't create a subfolder in inbox, but
>> Kmail
>> tries to create in inbox all the needed subfolders for  korganizer,
>> kaddressbook...
>>So i guess the Problem is that i can't create a subfolder in inbox but
>> that
>> is what Kmail tries to do.
>>is there a way to change the path for that?
>
> Go to Settings->Kmail->Misc->Groupware and specify the path in "Resource
> folders are subfolders of:"

This setting is just available if you use the old kolab 1 format, which I
would avoid. I really can't understand why I can't change the folders. I'm
using the german version of kontact, so the names of the generated
directories are also in German. For me this looks like I can't synchronize
clients with different languages?!

I've found out that I could specify the kolab folder in
~/.kde4/share/config/kresources/kolab, but this does not prevent kmail
 from creating subfolders in my inbox. So is there any solution?? I can't
imaging what's the reason for this inflexible behavior.

Best regards and many thanks
Fabian