[kdepim-users] contact pictures

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 22:08:16 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 February 2010 00:56:40 E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In the light of recently reported problems with
> > nepomuk-strigi-akonadi, I think the problem I am going to report
> > now is a minor one, but here it goes. Since I upgraded to KDE 4.4,
> > kontact 4.4, kmail 1.13.0, I cannot see the little pictures of
> > people I received e-mails from, who exist in my contacts lists on
> > the right upper part of the preview pane. This also includes my
> > own picture showing up on the e-mails I sent to others. Is this a
> > set up issue on my part, or a lost feature after upgrading to
> > akonadi you think?
>
> I hadn't really noticed, but something is not quite right.  I read
> your message, and sure enough, there was no image with it.  I moved
> to my last message, and my image is not there.  I moved back to
> yours, and I can see your image.

I'm not sure Hakan is talking about the same image as you are. Hakan's
messages include an X-Face header which, presumably, encodes a
black/white image of Hakan. But what Hakan seems to talk about are
images stored in his address book.

I always see Hakan's X-Face when I select one of his messages.

Also, at least here, showing images stored in the address book does work
for me. Those images are stored in an Akonadi vCard resource that was
migrated from a standard KDE vCard resource.

*sigh* I love problems which face only sometimes or only for some
people. :-/