[kdepim-users] Online sync of Kontact?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Mon Feb 8 16:37:32 GMT 2010

Am Monday 08 February 2010 12:04:42 schrieb Art Alexion:
> This sounds promising for my situation.  Exchange (which I use at
> work) is not IMAP, but I can access it with the IMAP protocol.
> Exchange actually creates "mail" folders for notes, contacts, etc.  I
> am foing to try to see if Kontact can read and display this exchange
> data this way.

I doubt, this will not work: kontact assumes predefined names for the
'groupware' IMAP folders, e.g. 'Contacts' for address data etc.
- dunno if exchange can be convinced to keep its data there ...

> I am still a bit unclear about what I get with DIMAP
> other than a local cache.  Would I need DIMAP to make this work if I
> don't care about a local copy?

afaik, DIMAP is mandatory, otherwise, kontact will not use the folders as
'groupware' storage.
I remember there was a wish at BKO to also accept pure IMAP for this, but the
developers refused to realize this for some (weird) reason.

werner