[kdepim-users] Re: akonadi on low-end systems

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 6 19:55:17 GMT 2010

On Monday 06 December 2010, Николай Шафоростов wrote:
> [...]

Okay. In your special situation Akonadi might be a problem. But,
apparently, in your situation everything which is running in parallel to
KDevelop and which is using more than a couple of MB is a problem. Your
major problem is that your netbook simply is not suitable for something
resource hungry like a fully-featured IDE plus a C++ compiler plus a few
applications. IMHO your problem is not Akonadi or KTorrent or Opera but
that you are using a low-end system like a netbook for C++ development
in a fully-featured desktop environment like KDE.

Anyway, shutting down Akonadi and Nepomuk seems to fix your problem. So,
I'd say the problem is solved.