[kdepim-users] Re: kmail notifications

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Dec 17 18:49:54 GMT 2010

On Friday 17 December 2010, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently saw a few times kmail notifications (something like imap
> server unreachable) while presenting on top of the openoffice
> screenshow.

Do you mean message boxes (i.e. simple Windows with an OK button)? Or do
you mean something else?

> Can I disable kmail notifcations?

The message boxes cannot be disabled. But if you put KMail on another
virtual desktop than OpenOffice then the message boxes should not
disturb you.

Another option might be switching KMail to offline mode (via File->Work
Offline). Then KMail shouldn't check the IMAP server and consequently
shouldn't show any notifications. I had a quick look at the D-BUS
interface. Maybe
  qdbus org.kde.kmail /KMail org.kde.kmail.kmail.stopNetworkJobs
does the trick.

The counterpart seems to be
  qdbus org.kde.kmail /KMail org.kde.kmail.kmail.resumeNetworkJobs