[kdepim-users] Re: kmail notifications

Rainer Dorsch rdorsch at web.de
Thu Dec 30 10:49:07 GMT 2010

Hi Ingo,

On Friday, 17. December 2010 19:49:54 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 17 December 2010, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently saw a few times kmail notifications (something like imap
> > server unreachable) while presenting on top of the openoffice
> > screenshow.
>
> Do you mean message boxes (i.e. simple Windows with an OK button)? Or do
> you mean something else?

No, I mean whatever is delivered through the "i" icon (see attachment), on my
system on the right side of the panel.

> > Can I disable kmail notifcations?
>
> The message boxes cannot be disabled. But if you put KMail on another
> virtual desktop than OpenOffice then the message boxes should not
> disturb you.
>
> Another option might be switching KMail to offline mode (via File->Work
> Offline). Then KMail shouldn't check the IMAP server and consequently
> shouldn't show any notifications. I had a quick look at the D-BUS
> interface. Maybe
>   qdbus org.kde.kmail /KMail org.kde.kmail.kmail.stopNetworkJobs
> does the trick.
>
> The counterpart seems to be
>   qdbus org.kde.kmail /KMail org.kde.kmail.kmail.resumeNetworkJobs

I was hoping for a more general switch, which blocks all notifications from
kmail to the "i" icon. But this one might help as well and is probably very
useful for cases when the network goes down (I see hangs of the imap client
regularly, when the network comes back).

Many thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
Lärchenstr. 6
jabber: rdorsch at jabber.org
GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/