[kdepim-users] Infobox when hovering over folder

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Tue Aug 17 17:12:06 BST 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010, Pascal Bernhard elucidated thus:
> When moving the mouse pointer over a mail folder in the folder list
> at the left hand side of Kmail, a blue infobox pops up providing some
> information about the folder in question like number of messages
> contained, number of unread messages and folder size.
> That is it does so most of the time. With some folders (this does not
> seem to be related to specific folders) it tells me that it contains
> x number of messages, but the folder size is shown 0 KB, which does
> not seems correct to me. Then again other folders are supposed to
> have no messages in them, accordingly their size also nill. They
> definitively contain some messages. When I right-click on the folder
> icon an select properties I find a tab called 'properties' also, if I
> remember well. Here Kmail provides me with the size of my entire
> mailbox not only information on the mail folder I clicked on, as I
> would expect. This is only a minor issues and I do not mind ignoring
> it. Could someone give me a hint whether I have some sort wrong setup
> or is this malfunctioning feature of Kmail? (I wouldn't call it a bug
> as it does not compromise the mail functionality in the slightest
> way)

I found this recently too.  It probably means the index is out of date,
so KMail won't even guess. If you click on the folder, then hover, it
will display the correct size.

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, AK
Blogs: http://jjncj.com/blog/ (Family) -- http://joshuakugler.com (Geek)
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD