[kdepim-users] Fund the development was Re: KMail - Replying in HTML

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Aug 4 13:44:43 BST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 at 8:33 am, John Murphy penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML"

> And BTW, for other followers of this mostly academic argument, Bug
> 86423 has 2460 votes and has been going since August 2004.  Doesn't
> matter though, because to quote Ingo:
>
> [ snipped ]

Hi John,

Please keep in mind that Ingo's point is a `this point in time.'
Certainly, if another developer came along (I'm a developer but with
zero free time at the moment.  :() and found merit in the RFE, it'd be
picked up.

But because as Frank pointed out, developers typically develop on
their free time, it's difficult to find people.

Here's a somewhat random idea.  Why not set up a wee webpage and
collect donations to fund a developer?  If someone on the KDE
developer list could rough out how much they'd be willing to take, you
have your fund raising goal.

Attempt to raise funds, say until, Dec 31st, 2010.  If you make it,
great.  If not, you refund the money to everyone.  Perhaps people
pledge to pay this way you remove the headache of collecting and
possibly refunding.

With the above in mind, I'll pledge 50 USD.

What do you say?  :)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)