[kdepim-users] Fund the development was Re: KMail - Replying in HTML

John Murphy murphyjj at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 4 13:58:46 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:44:43 pm Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>  Why not set up a wee webpage and
> collect donations to fund a developer?  If someone on the KDE
> developer list could rough out how much they'd be willing to take, you
> have your fund raising goal.
>
> Attempt to raise funds, say until, Dec 31st, 2010.  If you make it,
> great.  If not, you refund the money to everyone.  Perhaps people
> pledge to pay this way you remove the headache of collecting and
> possibly refunding.
>
> With the above in mind, I'll pledge 50 USD.
>
> What do you say?  :)
I agree, it would be a great idea - but I am a poor choice to administer it.

I have to move around between Australia and the UK at year end - and keep several commercial projects running.
I'll pledge 50 USD also - so let's see what others think, and if anyone will volunteer.

Thanks for your constructive reply - better than any of my arguments, or the other replies (IMHO).
Regards,
johnM.