[kdepim-users] issues exporting .vcf from Kontact and importing into google contacts

Matt Funk matze999 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:34:13 BST 2010

NOTE in case this email is posted twice to the list: i sent this email
yesterday but am not receiving anything from the list

Hi,

i am just starting to use google calender (I've been using Kontact for a long
time now). Not sure if this is a google calender or Kontact issue though:
When i export my contacts into a .vcf (both 2.1 and 3.0) and try to import
into google contacts, the birthdays show up under NOTES and the birthday field
is empty.

this might very well be a google issue. Just wondering if anyone has had
similar issues?

thanks
matt

ps: i tried to google it but didn't find much on it (though it is certainly
possible i overlooked it)