[kdepim-users] Saving all my emails

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Aug 17 13:08:53 BST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 at 7:04 am, Llewellyn Lee penned
about "[kdepim-users] Saving all my emails"

> I would like to keep all my old emails . Those I recieve and those I
> send.

Howdy,

I do the very same with some `manual' effort.

First, I created a new filter which copies all incoming e-mail to
a `received' folder.  I believe KMail will save your outbount e-mail
to a `sent' Folder - I don't recall having configured it to do so -
it's been a while since I've set it up.

Periodically, I `move' messages from my `sent' and `received' folders
to an `archive' folder.  I have sub-folders within the archive folder
per year and within each year, I have a `sent' and a `received'

I try to keep only three months of e-mail messages in my `sent' and
`received' folders.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)