[kdepim-users] New computer

Sun Aug 15 18:18:24 BST 2010

On Sunday 15 Aug 2010 10:11:18 pm ianseeks wrote:
> > > Question:  does each application that uses Akonadi have its own
> > > settings and data or do all apps share one database and settings
> > > database , a bit like the Registry on that other OS?
> >

> > That depends on what level you look at it.
> > Akonadi is neither a configuration database like the Windows registry nor
> > a general dumping ground for application data.
>
> I was looking at it from the data level i.e. if all KDE apps that used
> Akonadi  would their data be held in separate database files i.e.
> kmail.db, contacts.db, calendar.db or one huge database file.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Akonadi does not store your data in
its database.  For example, if your mails were in a Maildir folder, it
continues that way with akonadi. Akonadi merely is an access layer to the
maildir folder. It's database AFAIK only contains some metadata.

Maybe an Akonadi dev can shine some light on what information is stored in its
various databases (MySql & Nepomuk?).
--
Cheers!
Kishore