[kdepim-users] line break bug (was: KMail - Replying in HTML)

Richard Creighton ricreig at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 20:21:21 BST 2010

On 2010-08-09 Duffields offered the following:

Thieme wrote:

> > > Seems
> >
> > 1.13.5 has clearly a
bug in break up commented lines. Anne has 1.13.5

> > > too
> >
> > and
similar broken comment lines.

> > > Has anyone filed a bug report,
yet?

> > I haven't, and we should.  I've never seen this problem until
this
> > version, and it does make reading difficult.  Do we know whether
it's a
> > KMail issue or a Fedora one?
> >
> > Anne
>
> I use Kubuntu and
just noticed it in a new system installation.  (I have
> just done a new
install of 10.04 with all the apps from the
> repositoryies.)
>
> So it
appears that the problem may originate with Kmail (or the new
> kernel?).

I was using 2.6.35.RC5 from KOTD on the last one(s) but it did the same on
2.6.34 from the GM release of oS.   If Kubuntu is also experiencing this, it
reeks of KMail rather than Kernel.??

Again,  it looks fine here while
editing the reply, it apparantly gets mangled when being prepared for
transmission...or posssibly when KMail formats it for display upon
receipt.

Richard