[kdepim-users] line break bug (was: KMail - Replying in HTML)

Richard Creighton ricreig at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:18:54 BST 2010

On 2010-08-09 Pablo offered the following:

<snip>

> > However, since I
updated, this is the first message that came IN
> > that *wasn't*
munged...unless you manually re-edited the area after
> > "OBTW".
>
> Hi
Richard,

> Your citing is munged.  When I respond (see after `However')
all looks
> fine.  I do use `emacs' to re-format but in this case I'm
leaving all
> alone so you can see.
>
> I'm still on KDE 3.5.x .. on my
(ever increasing?  :) todo is to go to
> `openSUSE 11.3' which would expose
me to KDE 4.4

> Cheers,

Well, IF this munging issue could be resolved, I
would tell you to go ahead and try KDE 4.n where n>=5.   I didn't like 4.4
but 4.5 is mostly good.   I can do most things I used to do in 3.5 and after
shutting off the eye-candy, it is pretty functional and stable for me.

OBTW, given you are still on 3.5, it inferrs that the munging happens
between the time I hit "SEND" and the time the message gets actually
packetized and sent out.   I know 3.5 didn't have this problem so the
problem is on my end.   <frown>   It always LOOKS good until I hit 'send'
but after that, I couldn't see what actually got sent.

Richard