[kdepim-users] Kmail Bug 245943

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 11 18:57:13 BST 2010

On Saturday 31 Jul 2010 09:19:11 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2010, ianseeks wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > DO you know how long it takes for the guys to check bugs.kde.org for
> > new major bugs?
>
> Yes. It can take forever. I'm serious. KMail is a volunteer-project and
> nobody is obliged (because he is paid to do so) to check the bugs. Of
> course, this does not mean that we ignore the bugs but there will always
> be times when bugs are not looked at for a long time.
>
> > I've got a weird one where kmail randomly does not download an
> > email from my POP3 mail box on my ISP's servers.  It creates a dummy
> > email with the following data (number of UID35 lines can differ from
> > one to over 10)
> >
> > ==============================

> > Date: Sunday 07 Feb 2106
> >
> > 1 UID35-1224801402
> > 2
> > UID36-1224801402
> > 3
> > UID37-1224801402
> > =======================================
>
> This looks like the reply to a request for the list of message UIDs. It
> seems the POP server does not behave as KMail expects and thus KMail
> confuses the server's reply for a message.
>
> When did the bug first occur? After an upgrade of KDE/KMail?
>

> Regards,
> Ingo
i've just upgraded to opensuse 11.3 / KMail Version 1.13.5
Using KDE Development Platform 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4) "release 2"
and the problem still exists.
Unfortunately this means i'll have to use either the web-based ISP access or
try Thunderbird for my business needs. At least my Blackberry gets the emails
correctly.

regards

Ian