[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

Richard Creighton ricreig at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:36:52 BST 2010

On Sunday 08 August 2010 19:58:05 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in
line ]

> On Sunday 08 August 2010 at 4:19 pm, Johannes Fichtinger
penned

Sonntag, 8. August 2010 schrieb Werner Joss:
> > > so anyone who wants this,
will have to do it himself or pay someone to
> > > do
> >
> > Ok, since
Pablo Sanchez before pledged some money to support it, me
> > too would be
willing to pay 50 EUR for html support, if someone
> > organises
everything.

> Hi Johannes,
>
> Unfortunately only three of us (including
yourself) are willing to pay
> for this feature.  If there were say, 15
people, I would put together
> a simple web page and see about finding
someone.  But three people
> paying roughly 150 USD won't fund much effort.
:(

> On the other hand, perhaps I can retire in six to seven years and
I'll
> do it for free then ... ;)
>
> Cheers,

You may have only received 3
pledges, but the audience is too small.   I betcha that 99% of KMail/PIM
users do NOT get this maillist.   Why don't you expand your
audience?

Richard

PS, and yes, I'd contribute AFTER the product was
available but throwing money at someone 'gratis' in the hopes they will
perform a service is a tad foolhardy.   I have purchased MANY "shareware"
programs previously, in fact, QuickBBS (predating the internet a bit) was my
(and Steve's) original shareware endeavor.   We didn't expect payment for
anything..until you used it and determined it was valuable enough for you to
pay for the value received.